Doublebase Gel - 500g (Eczema)
Product Model: P
Pack Size: 500g
Doublebase Gel is a treatment gel that helps to ease dry or chapped skin conditions. Perfect for those suffering from eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions, Doublebase Gel helps to lock moisture into the skin, keeping it soft and hydrated.
What is in it?
Doublebase Gel contains the active ingredients isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin, which are both known as emollients. Emollients help to trap moisture in your skin, forming a protective barrier that helps to keep moisture locked into the skin. This helps to keep skin from drying while also protecting skin from the drying, irritating effects of products such as soaps or fragrances found in ordinary cleansers.
How to apply it
For best results, apply Doublebase Gel to affected areas of skin regularly and as often as required. Smooth the gel over the skin using gentle strokes, stroking in direction of hair growth, do not rub in vigorously. Allow time for the gel to soak in if necessary. You can use Doublebase Gel before or after bathing or showering to help to condition your skin and stop it from drying further.
Fire hazards with paraffin-based and paraffin-free skin products You have been provided this information because we are supplying you with a paraffin-based/emollient product which is associated with a risk of fire. If you are using an emollient, particularly a paraffin-based skin product, which is covered by a dressing or clothing, there is a danger that smoking, or presence around a naked flame, could cause your dressing or clothing to catch fire.
Listed below are some important points to consider:
• Do not smoke, use naked flames (or be near people who are smoking or using naked flames) or go near anything else which may cause a fire whilst the emollient are in contact with your clothes, dressing or bandages (for example, do not lean over a lit gas cooker or candle or do not allow lit cigarettes to touch clothing or dressings)
• Ensure that your clothes and bedding are changed regularly (preferably daily) as the paraffin can soak into fabric and can potentially be a fire hazard • Wash the bedding and clothing at high temperature (between 60-90 degrees Celsius) to reduce the build-up of paraffin; avoid wearing delicate garments when using emollient creams as they cannot be washed at high temperature without causing damage
• Be careful to make sure that the paraffin does not soak into chairs, seating or other furniture by covering them with a throw that can be daily washed
• Tell your relatives or carers about your treatment and show them this leaflet
• Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you normally smoke as they will be able to offer you help and advice to stop smoking Your treatment is important, but it is essential that you are kept safe when you use these prescribed products.
By following the advice above, you will help us to make sure that you using these products safely. Please speak to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you have any questions about the information provided
Orders over £35.00 (Does not include Prescription Items)
Tracked 48 Royal Mail: Estimated delivery 2 – 3 days.
Tracked 48 NO Signature
Tracked 48 Signature
- Tracked 24 NO Signature
- Tracked 24 Signature
DPD Courier (Under 2 kg)
£4.95 - Next Working Day Delivery (Excluding Saturday Delivery) Orders MUST be placed before 11am on the day to be considered for NDD
Special Delivery Before 1pm (Under 1kg)
£6.99 - (Guaranteed Monday to Friday by Royal Mail)
- Special Delivery Before 9am (Under 500g)
£15.99 - (Guaranteed Monday to Friday by Royal Mail)
**On stocked items (excludes fragrances), including Voucher codes offering free shipping.
Tracked 24 can take 1-2 working days from time of dispatch and Tracked 48 delivery can take 2-3 working days from time of dispatch. A recorded service does not speed up the actual delivery time.
Weight restrictions apply. In the event that any heavy or bulky items are ordered, Clear Chemist will contact you and advise you accordingly if you will be subject to any extra delivery charges.
Standard delivery is provided by Royal Mail.
Clear Chemist strives to offer the best delivery service possible but cannot make any guarantees on delivery times as they are contracted out to Royal Mail.