Prescription Help

  1. Can Clear Chemist dispense my prescription?

    Yes, we are a UK registered pharmacy, with premises in Aintree. Our pharmacy services are fully in line with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain’s protocols and NHS primary care trust requirements.

    Click here to be redirected to our prescription pages.

  2. Can I speak to a pharmacist?

    You can speak to a pharmacist by calling 0800 6 126 326. Our pharmacists are able to provide help and advice on any health related issue.

  3. How do I know whether I qualify for free NHS prescriptions?

    The following is a list of types of individual that are exempt from NHS prescription charges;

    A. is 60 years of age or over or is under 16 years of age (unless your BOD is printed on the form)
    B. is 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
    D. has a valid maternity exemption certificate
    E. has a valid medical exemption certificate
    F. has a valid prescription pre-payment certificate
    G. Prescription exemption certificate issued by Ministry of Defence
    L. HC2 certificate
    H. gets Income Support or income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    K. gets income-basedJobseeker's Allowance
    M. is entitled to, orn named on, a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
    S. Pension Credit Guarentee Credit (PCGC). (including partners)

    U. Universal Credit and meets the criteria. Find out more at
  4. How do I obtain a HC2 certificate?

    To apply for an HC2 certificate, you should complete form HC1 available from Jobcentre Plus offices or most NHS hospitals. Your doctor, dentist or optician may have one too. You can also get an HC1 by calling 0845 610 1112 .

    If you do not qualify for an HC2 certificate, you may still receive some help towards other NHS charges if you are sent an HC3 certificate.

  5. What is a Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC)?

    If you are not entitled to free prescriptions and you think you will have to pay for more than three items in three months or 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC). To check the cost of a PPC you can either ring 0845 850 0030 or look in leaflet HC12 (available at GP surgeries).

    You can choose to pay for a 12-month PPC in a lump sum or by 10 monthly Direct Debit installments. If you pay by Direct Debit, you are entering into a commitment to pay all the installments.

    There are different ways that you can order a PPC:

    • on-line
    • by phoning 0845 850 0030

  6. How is my prescription delivered to me?

    Your medication is delivered using 1st Class registered post. The items will be discreetly wrapped. Our name or logo is not shown on the package and so you can be rest assured that nobody will know what is inside your parcel.

  7. Private prescriptions - what are they, and what are their legal requirements?

    A private prescription is a prescription that is issued by a doctor normally following a private consultation. With a private prescription the patient needs to pay for the actual costs of the drugs prescribed and not just the standard NHS fee.

    A private prescription is usually printed on the right side of NHS prescription stationer in general practice, or written on headed notepaper, although, in theory any piece of paper is legal. It must bear the name of the prescriber, preferably with his or her GMC number, Practice address and telephone number.

    Go to the private prescription page

  8. What other NHS pharmacy services do you offer?

    We offer both the 'New Medicines Service (NMS)' and 'Medicines Use Review (MUR)'.  

    What is NMS? if you are prescribed a medicine to treat a long-term condition for the first time, you may be able to get extra help and advice about your medicine from your local pharmacist through a new free scheme called the New Medicine Service (NMS).  Click here for further details

    What is MUR? An MUR is especially useful for people who are taking several medicines.  You can talk about what you're taking, when you should be taking it, and any side effects you might be concerned about.  You should also tell your pharmacist if you are taking any over-the-counter medicines or any herbal remedies. They can advise you whether these can be taken at the same time or not.  If you're having problems, your pharmacist can offer advice or, if necessary, advise you to see your GP.  You can ask for an MUR, or your pharmacist or GP might recommend one.  They are done in a private consultation room in the pharmacy and you don't have to pay.  Afterwards, you'll be given a written record of the consultation and a copy will be sent to your GP. 

  9. Where can I get a copy of your practice leaflet?

    Please click here to download a copy or contact us if you would like a printed version.