Paludrine and Avloclor Antimalarial Tablets Travel Pack
Give some degree of protection against malaria in certain countries.
The Travel Pack Consists of:
- 14 Proguanil hydrochloride tablets 100mg (Paludrine tablets).
- 2 Chloroquine phosphate tablets 250mg (Avloclor tablets).
- Both medications are antimalarials.
We recommended every individual considering taking this medication should read the Patient Information Booklet provided.
Malaria is a very serious tropical disease caused by plasmodium parasites, which are mainly transmitted through the bites of female Anopheles mosquitoes that predominately bite at night.
Some types of malaria require that you take more than one type of tablet, at the same time, to help prevent malaria.
Malaria prophylaxis is recommended for non-immune residents and travellers to malarious areas as these individuals have little or no immunity to malaria and risk severe attacks.
If you require more information on the disease, it's symptoms and other treatments that are avaliable please visit our Online Doctor Page.
When you are taking this medication to prevent malaria, you should also reduce the chances of being bitten by mosquitoes.
- Wear light-coloured, long-sleeved clothing and long trousers when you are outside after sunset.
- Use insect repellent creams or sprays on parts of your body not covered by clothing.
- Sleep in a properly screened room or under a mosquito net.
- Spray to kill any mosquitoes that may have entered rooms in spite of screening.
What to ask your health care professional:
- You must get medical advice on which anti-malarial medicines to take.
- You should ask your doctor or pharmacist if these are the right anti-malarials for the part of the world you are visiting.
- What else you can do to protect you and your family from malaria.
The adult dose is two Paludrine tablets daily and two Avloclor tablets per week - starting 1 week before entering a malarious area, and continuing for 4 weeks afterwards.
For example, one adult travelling for 14 days in a malarious area, would need a total of 7 strips of tablets (98 tablets of Paludrine and 14 Avloclor tablets).
Each strip contains 2 Avloclor tablets and 14 Paludrine tablets; 1 strip per adult per week.
Paludrine tablets containing 100 mg proguanil hydrochloride.
Avloclor tablets containing 250 mg chloroquine phosphate, which is equivalent to 155 mg chloroquine base.
Please carefully read all product packaging and label information prior to use.
Do not give to children under the age of 1.
Standard delivery is provided by Royal Mail.
Orders over £35.00 *
2nd class Royal Mail: Estimated delivery 7 – 10 days.
Estimated delivery 7 – 10 days
Estimated delivery 3 – 5 days
If orders are placed by 12 (noon) you will receive them the next working day.**
Special Delivery orders that weigh more than 500g will be sent via Royal Mail Tracked 24 for next day delivery
£3.49 - UK orders which contain fragrances will be sent at a cost of £3.49, estimated delivery 10 working days.
**On stocked items (excludes fragrances), inculding Voucher codes offering free shipping.
Weight restrictions apply. In the event that any heavy or bulky items are ordered, Clear Chemist will contact you and advise you accordingly if you will be subject to any extra delivery charges.
Clear Chemist strives to offer the best delivery service possible but cannot make any guarantees on delivery times as they are contracted out to Royal Mail.